This course is designed to increase the crane operator’s knowledge, skill and proficiency level through classroom and hands-on training. Students can achieve qualified operator status by successfully completing written and hands-on segments.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- Causes & results of crane accidents
- Types of mobile cranes, components & terminology
- Interpreting load charts correctly
- Pre-operational inspection
- Crane setup and recognizing site hazards
- Safe operating practices & procedures
- Operator responsibilities
- Pick & carry operations
- Safety procedures for boom and jib assembly & disassembly
- Safety procedures for working cranes near power lines
- Hand & voice signals
- Hoisting personnel
- Basic rigging procedures