The training is developed to raise awareness of dropped objects throughout the oil and gas industry and beyond. The training concentrates strongly on the basics of dropped object hazard identification, risk assessment and effective risk management.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- Terms and definitions
- Static and dynamic dropped objects
- Primary, secondary retention and safety securing
- Causes and causal factors
- Incident and alert reviews
- Hazard Identification, risk assessment and risk ranking
- DROPS calculator
- Leadership and ownership
- Preventive and mitigating controls
- Survey inspection and maintenance
- Remedial action and improvement actions
- Audit/Monitoring and management of change
- Tools at height and process Safety
- Classification of safety zones
- Plan and checklists
- Subsea dropped objects
- Considering the dropped objects threats
- Improvement opportunities at each stage of the typical chain
- Interactive and practical application of hazard identification, awareness, and understanding