Risk Assessment of the Task to prevent Hand and Finger Injuries.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- The main causes of hand / finger and body related injuries.
- Potential hand / finger and body hazards
- Proactively reducing the occurrences of these types of injuries.
- Reduction of job-related illnesses and injuries, through education and the development of preventive attitudes
- Hand Safety Hazards:
- Pinch Points
- Rigging and Lifting Activities
- Tools and Equipment
- Heat and Burn Injuries
- Electrical Hazards
- Repetitive Motion
- Inattention or Loss of Focus
- Risk Assessment and Job Safety Analysis
- Work Glove Selection & Care
- Proper Hand Placement
- Tool & Equipment Safety
- Chemical & Electrical Safety
- Rigging Safety Including “Hands-Free” Methods
- Maintaining Focus & Staying Alert