This course will introduce the concepts of leadership theory and “emotional intelligence” and the role in developing high performing leaders. To provide participants with tools and techniques for enhancing self-awareness and team leading ability. To explore and understand leadership styles. Understand how motivation is a key to high performance organizations. To explore and enhance team development and leadership skills.
Course Target Audience
This course is highly recommended for professional expert in the field of Organizational Management and of Human Resource Management training and consultancy services.
This course is delivered via classroom-based lecture, discussions, test exam questions. The course is delivered over 5 days and includes written assessments on the final day.
NOTE: If conducted on-site client should provide classroom or other suitable quiet area with chairs, desks, whiteboard, & overhead projector.
Personal development as a manager and leader
▪ Assess and plan for personal professional development
▪ Plan for the resources required for personal professional development
▪ Implement and evaluate the personal development plan
▪ The Day focuses on continual self-development, reviewing current skills and competencies, identifying development opportunities; personal development plan; securing resources and discuss the processes to support a personal development plan.
▪ Identify and agree performance objectives
▪ Assess performance and provide feedback
▪ Understand performance support for improvement
▪ Understand and apply the organization’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
▪ This second Day looks at the links between individual, team and organizational objectives; how to create an environment of trust and support with others; the performance review process; and the causes of, and how to prevent, conflict.
▪ Understand the links and differences between management and leadership
▪ Understand leadership principles that support organizational values
▪ Understand and apply leadership strategies to organizational objectives
▪ During this Day, participants will discuss the concept of managers as effective leaders, as well as evaluating the role of the leader, and examining different leadership styles and their impact on the organization.
Team Leadership and managing people
▪ Understand the importance of team leadership and development
▪ Understand and apply team measurement and team performance metrics
▪ Be able to manage team development and improvement
▪ During this Day, participants will discuss the concept of team leaders, as well as evaluating the role of the team leader, and examining different team leadership styles, team player profiles and their impact on the organization.
Goal Directed Performance Management (GDPM)
▪ Apply goal directed performance managing of projects
▪ Understand and apply tools and techniques for GDPM
▪ Be able to manage project individual, team development and group improvement
▪ During this Day, participants will discuss the concepts of GDPM and its impact on the organization.