The purpose of this course is to educate students on the different types of rigging /lifting/slinging and the safe practices within sound engineering designs.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- Rigging /Lifting/Slinging Hazard Awareness.
- Rules for Rigging/ Lifting/Slinging Safety.
- Rigging/Lifting/Slinging equipment for material handling.
- Disposal of waste materials.
- Gear and Equipment for Rigging and Materials Handling.
- Safe Rigging Practices.
- Job Site Considerations.
- Rigging/lifting/slinging Selection.
- The Users Responsibilities.
- Basic Sling Operating Practices.
- Sling types.
- Sling and lifting device pre-use inspection.
- Safety during the lift.
- After the lift.